Thursday, April 18, 2013

Gary Snyder -- "I Went into the Maverick Bar"

This poem was very interesting , i actually like the straight forward approach she used. She went into describing her surroundings when she entered the bar with a friend. I know it was a friend because she said "the bartender asked us" which led me to know she wasn't alone. I took this poem and related it in a woman's perspective because she said how she had her hair in a cap and left her earring in the car. She seem to me like she had a long day at work and this was a escape for her. She reminisce on her surroundings of what they reminded her of. I actually enjoyed this poem because i like when i get to use my imagination because it could be many things this poem specifically is trying to get across. How do you feel about this poem ? Do you think she should of put more into it? , More into "the tough old stars"

No comments:

Post a Comment